Thursday, September 16, 2010

PNG Independence Day

Today was PNG Independence day. They have been independent for 35 years now. I went across the road to where there is a large grassy area and a small market. My main motivation for going was to visit the market, but I also wondered if there was any Independence Day celebrations happening – and there was!

I bought something to eat at the small market, and I stayed on to watch the dances and entertainment.

Here are some school girls doing a dance to music on a CD.


This is the bamboo band – bamboo and PVC pipes!


The crowd watching the dances.


If you scroll down and look at the side of my blog, you will see a link to New Dawn on Bougainville, it is a news website, and they have put up some photos of the Independence Day celebrations too.

No comments: