Wednesday, May 23, 2012

High humidity + hot sun = lots of sweat

Usually in Australia, I can walk in the sun for any length of time and not work up much of a sweat. I don’t really sweat all that quickly, but in Bougainville it is a whole different picture – the sweat just flows. It drips off my nose and runs down my back or legs. Some people sweat like that in Australia, but not me, so this is really quite unusual for me and I find it intriguing. Dad tells me it is because of the humidity, that’s what makes the difference.

Just to show you an example – here is my arm after a 20 minute walk in the morning sun (and the morning sun is when it still hasn’t got really hot yet). Two photos taken at the same time, one with the flash and one without, both show it slightly differently.


No comments: