Monday, June 18, 2012

Niagara Falls

I had a great couple of days at Niagara Falls. It was amazing seeing the falls for myself and I had fun doing all the touristy things with Rebekah.

Me with the falls in the background:


Here are some photos of the falls:



We went up Skylon tower and took some photos from up there:


There are two main waterfalls at Niagara which you can see in this photo. The one on the left is called the America falls, and it is on the US side of the border, and the one on the right in this photo is called Horseshoe Falls, and it connects between the US and Canada. All of the other photos in this blog post are of the Horseshoe Falls a bit closer than this photo.


One of the tourist activities we did was go for a ride on the ‘Maid of the Mist’ – a boat which goes right into the misty spray of the waterfall. You can see the boat right in the mist in this photo, just starting to turn back, as this is about as close as it goes.


Here’s me on the boat, all wrapped up in a disposable raincoat heading towards the falls:


Rebekah and I together as we head back away from the falls:


Another tourist thing we did was ‘Journey Behind the Falls’. We went down an elevator and into a tunnel behind the falls and we could hear the thundering roar of the water going down, which was pretty amazing. We could also walk right out onto a platform behind the fall, so we could get pretty wet from the spray and covered up with these yellow disposable raincoats. Here’s me looking great in my raincoat!


This is one of the spots where you could safely take a photo behind the falls without getting your camera wet. I took a video on my camera here where you can see the water going by. I will post it for you to see when I get back to Australia.


That’s all for now. Stay tuned for more happy snaps from my time at Niagara!

No comments: